Monday, September 16, 2013

My Calling In Beijing

When I first came to Beijing, it was very difficult for me to like it here. It's too different from sunny Kuala Lumpur. The winter is too harsh, cold and dry. My skin would constantly peel from the cold and dryness. Also, I had a very hard time because I don't speak Chinese. The culture is also very different from mine although I am a Malaysian Chinese. The food (very important to me) is terrible.

After being here for 10 years, however, I find that I have fallen in love deeply with this country. I love the people and the calling that I have here. The Lord has called me to lead and to teach Bible to a lovely group of people I now call family. I use my broken Chinese, which i had learnt from my 'ayis' (helpers) and my drivers to teach Bible! How that is possible, only God knows.. :)

My poor Chinese is also a blessing in disguise because it is part of the fun. My people would find any excuse to laugh at me and with me. The fact that I have a great sense of humor does not hurt :)

I am very grateful to my Lord Jesus for this opportunity to honor and glorify His precious name every Saturday night. We gather together to praise, worship and talk about the Lord in an office facility.

Thank You, my God and my Lord for loving me so much and for this precious opportunity to serve You. Help me, O Lord, to serve You more and more each day. I love You.


No comments:

Post a Comment