Friday, September 13, 2013

He Loves Us


He Loves Us

1 John 4:9-11 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved u,s and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

This is such a beautiful verse of scripture. It is my favorite, actually. If Christianity can be summed up in one verse, this is it. 

It clearly tells us here that God loves us, sent His Son (Jesus) to die on the cross to forgive our sins so that we may have peace with God.    

God fills us with His love to love others with through the power of the Holy Spirit. The source of all love is God.

God is love 1 John 4:8.

Lord Jesus then commanded us

John 13:34-35
34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” 

I have made it my number one prayer request that God helps me to love others. I have had a difficult background and found it very difficult to love people. When The Lord had fully answered my prayer this is what I’ll be…  

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.

It’s still a long way away but at least I know where I’m heading..


    

No comments:

Post a Comment